Fun Pantry TipsDec 28, 2021
Pantries are like the heart of the home.
There probably the most walked in space that you currently have in your home.
Little hands, Big hands and in Between hands are reaching for something to quickly grab in our pantry. Am I right?
Since this is a high traffic area, why not make it a place where everyone knows where to grab the popcorn, wink, wink.
Here are a few fun tips to get you started.
- Take everything out. Why? Because you want to start with a fresh slate. Its like getting your car repainted but not washing it before hand. Taking everything out of the space allows for room to envision what you want that space to look like.
- Edit like crazy sauce. Now I know what your thinking, this seems like a really big job. It is. But a neccessary one especially in your pantry. You don’t want to put an old outdated jar of pickles back in your pantry now do you?
- Coral Like Items Together. This step is an important one. Why? Because putting everything back into the same category makes it so much easier to find the items that you are looking for at a glance, and our brains are really good at remembering. So once its got a permanent home address, there will be no time wasted looking for it.
- Place like items in a basket or container. Every category needs a home.
- Label EVERYTHING. Just like we have a home address, our container needs an address too.
- Look at your empty pantry and decide what order it would make sense to put everything back. Do you want the kids to have easy access to school lunch items or snacks? Maybe consider putting this in first so that they see it at first glance. Consider putting it at eye level with your children depending on their ages. Think about all the categories you are putting back and despise a plan.
- Place container or basket in desired location.
Be sure to give yourself adequate time to organize your pantry. A large pantry can take 8-10 hours. A small pantry can take up to 4 hours.
Take things out of the packaging to provide more room for the things you do want.
Once done correctly the pantry can be a space that you will only need to tidy up one or two times a month.
It is really worth the time and effort it takes to make this place function for you and your family.
Yes You Can!